Friday, March 15, 2013

"Fried" Bananas

  • 1 banana
  • non-stick cooking spray
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 2 TBS water
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
  • Cinnamon (to taste)

Slice banana into approximately 1/8" slices. Spray pan, add bananas in a single layer to the pan, and put it on Medium heat. Spray tops of bananas with non-stick spray.

While the bananas are heating, mix together the honey and water (and vanilla, if desired).

Let the bananas cook until they are browned on one side. This usually takes longer than I expect... but I might just be impatient because I cannot wait to eat these once I get started. When one side is brown, carefully flip all of the banana slices over. Continue cooking until both sides are nice and brown (like in this picture).





Add the honey/water mixture to the pan and watch it bubble up. Let it cook until all of the moisture has cooked off. Dust with cinnamon. I add just a little because too much can make them a bit bitter, but you definitely want a little hint of it on there. It tastes kind of "flat" without it. Serve warm.

I'm not even the biggest banana fan in the world, but I still love these little babies. They are soooo delicious, and at only 1 P+ per recipe, they're my new "go to" evening snack!


This recipe was adapted from a recipe found at The Chrohn's Journey Foundation. I modified the recipe to my tastes and dietary goals. I do not have, nor do I know anything about, Chrohn's Disease, so I make no claim to my modified version being Chrohn's-friendly. The image was taken with my cell phone camera in my own kitchen.