Monday, May 20, 2013

Butter CREAM Frosting

  • 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
  • ~ 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 4-8 TBS Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla

This is a shameless rip-off of Domino Sugar Buttercream Frosting, except I'm too lazy to worry about 1/4 cups when it comes to sugar in my frosting and I like the extra creaminess of using real cream instead of milk. I mean, as long as we're eating super-unhealthy, super-sweet, super rich food, we may as well go all out, right? Right!

Ok, so now that we've covered that. All you do is use a hand mixer to mix together the butter and the powdered sugar. Then mix in the whipping cream (it should get creamy, or you need to add a bit more cream). Then stir in the vanilla.

This will typically top 24 cupcakes if I don't go crazy with it. If you find it's too stiff, you can always microwave it for a few seconds. Too long and you'll have a puddle, though, so be careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment